The Danish Home of Chicago
773.775.7383, ext. 4
5656 N. Newcastle Chicago Il,60631
The Danish Home offers a cheerful and secure way of life you’ll settle into right away. Recently upgraded, we offer comfortable studios and two-room suites with:
- private bathrooms
- individual thermostats, so you can select the temperature you prefer
- pull cords and pendants to quickly summon emergency assistance
- contemporary decorating schemes
- a private phone line and wireless Internet service to keep you in touch with friends and family
- cable T.V.
In the fitness room, a personal trainer will assist you in using the equipment or designing a routine that will benefit you. Walking—indoors in protected hallways, or outdoors in the beautiful garden—is another convenient way to stay in shape. Nine brisk laps around the garden sidewalk make a mile!
From housekeeping to hairdressing and shopping, you may take advantage of a wide range of conveniences:
- Weekly, your apartment will be cleaned, bed and bath linen will be changed.
- Our maintenance staff is ready to help you with repairs, arrange furniture and hang up pictures.
- The housekeeping staff will do your laundry, or you may care for your own clothes in the convenient laundry room.
- Housekeeping will drop off and pick up dry cleaning and help mend clothing. A seamstress visits frequently for alterations and repairs.
- Once a week, the beauty shop offers permanent waves, washes and sets, and haircuts for men and women.
- The business office can handle your mail, arrange a cab, or set up a small inhouse “bank account” you can access as needed for incidentals.
- The convenience store offers basic toiletries, greeting cards, gifts, and Danish crafts and accessories. Staff can help fulfill other special orders.
- A guest room is available for out-of-town visitors.
Nestled in a quiet Chicago neighborhood, The Danish Home, established in 1891 is a boutique continuing care retirement community that offers a secure, caring environment for its residents. At The Danish Home, we welcome applicants of any background. Yet a core of Danish-at-heart residents, staff and board members lead the community in maintaining long-running traditions and welcoming new ones brought to The Danish Home by residents of different heritages.
You will enjoy lively outings, activities, and get-togethers in a close-knit setting. Comfortable rooms and suites are just steps away from tastefully decorated public spaces where you may host small private gatherings. Outside is a beautiful park-like garden, the site of many summer picnics and parties.
Best of all, no matter how your circumstances might change, you can count on The Danish Home. Since our community is licensed for several levels of care, you know that once you have entered The Danish Home, you do not have to worry about the future!
New residents and their families quickly get to know everyone else: residents, staff, and volunteers. At The Danish Home, there are no strangers-only friends you haven’t made yet!